Acne is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that can occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and upper arms. Some adults continue to get acne well into their 30s, 40s, and even 50s. It is even possible to get acne for the first time as an adult. Dermatologists refer to this as adult-onset acne. If you’re getting acne as an adult, it is likely due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Fluctuating hormone levels
- Family history
- Hair and skin products
- Side effects of medication
- One of the most important things that you can do to treat acne is to gently wash the affected area twice a day with a mild non-drying soap
- Shampoo your hair often
- To prevent scars, do not pop, scrub or pick acne
- For moderate to severe acne, oral antibiotics may be needed. A visit to the dermatologist would be required for this treatment.
- For mild acne, topical treatment should be sufficient.
Scarring from severe acne can have significant psychological side effects such as permanent poor self esteem, anxiety and depression. Safe and effective treatment options for scarring include laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, chemical peels and skin fillers. If this is a treatment option that you’re interested in, it’s important to consult with your dermatologist to determine an individual treatment plan for the most successful results.
How can Vu Skin System help?
The three-step process:
- Our active foaming skin cleanser containing alpha and beta hydroxy acids. These acids gently removes the dead skin cells blocking the pores. Our other cleanser with micronized benzoyl peroxide because of its molecular size easily penetrates the pores to rid them of bacteria. In fact, it has been clinically demonstrated to lessen the chance of bacterial resistance in acne treatment.
- After cleansing, the clarifying lotion pads wipes off the excess oil and dead skin cells not previously removed.
- Spot treatment with our OTC micronized benzoyl peroxide acne gel effectively treats pustules practically overnight.
- The final step, application of the facial lotion with ultraviolet protection completes the process.
For more information on acne in adults visit aad.org
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.